Sunday, July 1, 2012

Ohio Homeschool Notification

So here we are, almost midway through the summer and you know what that means, right?  No?   Well, that means that our first official year of homeschooling is rapidly approaching.   I say our first official year not because the previous years were less important, or that we didn't learn anything during those years; no, this is our first official year simply because this is the first year that the government says our oldest son, who is now 6,  must be educated, therefor we are required to inform our local school district's superintendent of our intent to homeschool.  The whole thing is silly I think.  But, that is a political discussion for another day.  I am a law abiding citizen, even if I don't agree with the laws. 

I will make a follow-up post to this with a detailed curriculum and schedule we are using for the year.  Today I just wanted to share our Notification Form and Cover Letter with Brief Curriculum Outline. 

It took quite a lot of searching for me to find and example of a Notification Form and a good example of a cover letter so I am posting this in hopes that it will make the process easier for someone else.

Ohio Homeschool Notification Form page 1

Ohio Homeschool Notification Form page 2
Ohio Homeschool Notification Cover Letter with Brief Outline page 1

Ohio Homeschool Notification Cover Letter with Brief Outline page 2

I have not yet figured out how to share Word Documents on this blog so if you would like an editable copy of any of these forms please email me sowing_little_seeds@yahoo.com and I will get them to you just as soon as I can.

I wish everyone a Happy Independence Day!