Wednesday, January 25, 2012

An Open Hearted Letter To Moms of Young Children & The RAOK Birthday Challenge

I am linking you to one of my top favorite blogs today.  Renee @ FIMBY (Fun In My Back Yard) wrote an amazingly encouraging letter that every mother should read.  If you are a mother who cares for young children, has in the past, or plans to in the future, you need to read this letter. 

Here is an excerpt that spoke straight to my heart:

"God knows the burdens you bear as a mother. If it's Jesus you want to be more like can I encourage you with this - Jesus is in the nose wiping, dirty bum changing, the floor washing, the night time nursing, the mommy snuggles, the tears (theirs and yours). Jesus was a servant and so are you. In the day to day life of mothering you are closer to Him than you realize. You are in a holy place."



If you want to read more, click here.



P.S.  It's my birthday today.  I'm 28.  I know, exciting right?    ;-)  Well I wanted to see how many people I could get to take my Birthday Challenge.  Here is the challenge: 

Do something nice, and completely random and out of the blue, for someone this week. I have been known to do random things like pay for the car behind me at the McDonalds drive thru. Or the day before Christmas Eve when I went to pick up my pizza I payed for all the other pizzas that were still waiting to be picked up by other people.  But it doesn't have to be something that costs money.  Shovel your neighbor's sidewalk maybe.  Get creative.  If you look hard enough you can always find some way of showing kindness to another human being.

So my challenge is to try and get 28 people (for my 28th birthday ;-) to do some Random Act of Kindness (RAOK) and come back here and tell me about it in the comments. 

That would be a great birthday gift.